By: Hibernian Media on 07 May, 2018 14:00
The Ticket Exchange system has been switched on for the final match of the season against Rangers after all home sections sold out.
Used once previously this season, the system provides a simple way for season ticket holders not able to make the game to return the ticket for the club to re-sell.
We are trialling the mechanism this season, and will re-evaluate for next season with a view to implementing a rewards-based incentive for supporters.
Any tickets returned will be automatically relisted, so if you are looking for a ticket keep an eye on the Hibernian eTicketing website.
For more information please have a look at our Q&A below.
How will the system work?
For those games where the system is in operation, any season ticket holder that is unable to attend a home fixture will be able to return their ticket simply by selecting a button on their eTicketing profile.
The season ticket seat will then be available for sale and when bought, the purchaser will then receive a paper ticket or print at home eTicket when the ticket has been purchased. For the season ticket holder, when the seat is sold, their card is deactivated for the match in question and cannot be used to gain entry.
Why are the club introducing this scheme?
With attendances at their highest since the 1950s, Easter Road has been sold out on several occasions this season. However we understand that season ticket holders sometimes can’t make every match, and it causes frustration when seats remain empty for sold out fixtures.
The current method (contacting the Ticket Office) is not simple for supporters and creates an administrative task for each ticket from the Ticket Office. This new system aims to simplify the process for both the supporter and the Ticket Office.
Will this be in place for all matches?
No – the club will decide when the system will be in operation, but this is likely to be when a match is sold out or close to selling out.
Will I receive anything in return for exchanging my ticket?
As we are testing the system between now and the end of the season there will not currently be any incentive for returning a ticket. A number of supporters have exchanged their ticket for other matches this season, and it would be unfair to introduce an incentive at this stage without a complicated retrospective review.
Should the trial be successful an incentive or return-based system will be considered for season 2018/19.
What price will the exchanged tickets be sold for?
The exchanged tickets will be relisted at the usual match ticket price.
How do I exchange my seat?
1. Log in to your eTicketing account and select the relevant fixture from the home page.
2. Select View Tickets from the options available and then click on the Manage Tickets button.
3. Select the seat(s) you wish to list for sale, click Sell on Ticket Exchange, then Review Order.
4. Confirm Terms and Conditions then Complete Purchase. The seat will now be released.
5. Supporters will be notified by email should their seat be purchased. At this point, the season ticket will be deactivated for the match.
6. If you change your mind before the Seat is purchased you can log back in to your account. Go to Manage Tickets, select the Posted on Ticket Exchange tab. Select the seat that has been posted for sale then Withdraw from Sale. YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS IF THE SEAT HAS NOT BEEN PURCHASED