07 07 22 Training 01
Thu 21 Jul 2022
Hibernian vs Boroughmuir Thistle FC
HT 3-0
Hibernian Hibs Women
Boroughmuir Boroughmuir Thistle
Nor (
Nor (
McAlonie (
Lawson (
Leishman (
Trialist 1 (
Hunter (
Trialist 2 (
Match Report

A dominant display at HTC saw Hibs Women secure an 8-0 victory over Boroughmuir Thistle.

The match saw new summer signings Benni Haaland and Nor Mustafa make their debuts for Hibs. Mustafa started the match up front and Haaland came on at halftime in place of Ailey Tebbett.

We took the lead in the 25th minute thanks to an excellent finish from Mustafa.

Our lead was doubled in the 38th minute thanks to another excellent close-range chip from Mustafa.

We made it 3-0 just before halftime after Michaela McAlonie rounded the keeper and slotted the ball into the net.

Poppy Lawson scored our fourth in the 56th minute after another nicely worked move.

We kept up the intensity and made it 5-0 in the 73rd minute through a curling effort from Leishman.

Only a few minutes later it was 6-0 to Hibs thanks to a goal from Trialist 1.

Siobhan Hunter made it 7-0 in the 83rd minute with an excellent header from a corner.

We did not take our foot off the gas and scored our 8th and final goal of the match in the 86th minute thanks to a great finish from Trialist 2.

We started the match with high intensity and looked to open the score early.

Our first corner of the match came in the 2nd minute after some nice play. The corner was swung in by Leah Eddie but was cleared by Boroughmuir.

Shannon Leishman was able to get a shot away in the 4th minute from just outside the box, however, the effort was well-held by the keeper.

Moments later we had another chance, this time through Shannon McGregor. The ball was played out to the left where it was picked up by Leishman. The full back then drove forward and sent the ball into the box where it was met by McGregor. The midfielder controlled the ball and was able to get the shot away but was denied by an excellent block inside the box.

Another chance came our way in the 11th minute. The ball was worked well through the pitch and came out to Michaela McAlonie who carried it out to the right wing. The midfielder tried a curling effort with her left foot from the edge of the area which was saved by the keeper.

Boroughmuir began to grow into the match after the 15th minute and started to see more of the ball.

We were able to withstand Boroughmuir’s pressure and opened the scoring in the 25th minute thanks to a debut goal from Nor Mustafa. The striker was played in thanks to an excellent pass from Poppy Lawson. After receiving the ball, Mustafa was able to get in behind the defence and get a shot off at the near post. The ball was smashed home, leaving the keeper with no chance.

Following the goal, we began to dominate possession and created a few more half-chances.

We doubled the lead in the 38th minute thanks again to Mustafa. The striker was played through again and left in a one-versus-one situation. Mustafa then produced a magnificent finish by chipping the keeper to make it 2-0.

The goal was followed by some more excellent football with Boroughmuir’s keeper forced into several excellent saves.

We made it 3-0 just before halftime through McAlonie. An excellent pass from McGregor played McAlonie through one-versus-one. McAlonie showed great composure in the box to round the keeper and put the ball into an empty net to make it 3-0.

The referee brought the game to a close shortly after.

Summer signing Benni Haaland came on in place of Ailey Tebbett at halftime to make her debut for the side.

We picked up where we left off in the first half and began to dominate possession in the second half. We created a few chances early in the second half, but they came to nothing.

Lawson made it 4-0 in the 56th minute with a close-range finish inside the box. Trialist 1 did very well on the right wing and was able to get the ball to the byline. They then played it into the box, giving Lawson – who had arrived from the defence – the chance to fire it home.

After some more fantastic build-up play, we made it 5-0 in the 73rd minute thanks to a great finish from Leishman. The ball was played through the middle and worked out to the left. It was then played into Leishman in the box who curled the ball into the net.

Moments later, it was 6-0 thanks to a great finish from Trialist 1. The goal came after some more nice play as Trialist 1 finished beyond the keeper.

Trialist 1 had the ball in the back of the net again just before the 80th minute but the offside flag went up.

Siobhan Hunter scored a header in the 84th minute to make it 7-0. As a result of some more good play, we won a corner which was delivered by Eddie. The delivery found Hunter perfectly who headed home.

We made it 8-0 in the 86th minute thanks to Trialist 2. We worked the ball well as it came to Trialist 2 on the edge of the area. She then curled the effort on her left foot into the back of the net.

This proved to be one of the final actions of the game as the referee brought the match to a close shortly after.